11370 Valley Ridge Park NW
Evergreen on the Bow
A stunning timber masterpiece home on an acre lot surrounded by nature. The home borders the golf course, the banks of the Bow River, and an environmental reserve which will never be developed so it feels like a private 50 acres in the middle of the city.
The location allows the opportunity to walk through conifer and deciduous forest along a city built path to Bowness Park or go fishing for trout, whitefish, grayling etc. or cross country ski on golf course & environmental reserve where you can experience natural wildlife and birds including owls, eagles (nesting across river), hawks, osprey (fishing in river), humming birds, robins and more.
Closer to home you can enjoy the large gazebo, natural gas fire pit and complete privacy. There is ample room to add tennis court or pool if you desire.
The true structural timber frame home was designed and built into the natural landscapes and has extensive E3 glass to take in the outdoors.
- Hand hewn timbers are Douglas fir from Cranbrook, British Columbia which were harvested within 1 year of a forest fire.
- Constructed by Crazy Creek Timberframe from Okotoks using traditional joinery that uses no screws, bolts or other metal.
- The balance of construction was done by Timberock Homes (John Lavertu). The architectural drawings were done by Lighthouse Studios (Mark Broddle).
- Stone work on exterior is grizzly rock limestone from the Golden, British Columbia area and surrounds entire home with 25% mix of stucco and cedar shingles.
- Geothermal and natural gas heating and cooling with foam insulation in all exterior walls, entire roof cavity and between floor joists for sound barrier control.
As you make your way inside you’ll be greeted with timber beam ceilings, hardwood and heated slate tile floors, and stunning sight lines throughout. This home boasts an impressive gourmet kitchen with custom millwork, stainless steel appliances, granite counters, farm house style sink, a large centre island, and convenient access to the sun deck to enjoy your morning coffee. Perfect for entertaining, the formal dining room comfortably seats over ten guests and is open to the round great room with 30′ soaring ceilings with floor to ceiling windows divided only by the feature limestone wood burning fireplace.
Completing the main level is a pantry, powder room, mudroom off the garage, living room, and spacious guest room with private ensuite bath.
The foyer with chandelier and elegant staircase is sure to catch your eye and as you make your way upstairs you’re met with a loft style office, library, and master retreat. The master includes a private sunroom, enormous dressing room, and a spa-like ensuite bath.
Descend to the walk-out lower level by the stairs or the elevator to enjoy a large recreation room with fireplace and walk out patio, games room, media area, and bar. Finishing the lower level is a powder room, full bathroom, and two additional bedrooms with walk-in closets.
Double attached garage, a second triple garage, workshop, greenhouse, and lush landscaping complete this magnificent property.
Offered at $3,499,000
Timber guest house on 2 acres
A rare offering, a second home of log construction entirely rebuilt in 2003 with maple floors, 2 bedrooms, conventional natural gas heat and electric air conditioning, wrap around cedar deck, wood fireplace with floor to ceiling rock on the inside and out.
Second property borders the first and is set on its own titled two acre parcel with pole fenced llama pasture with small barn and automatic watering machine. Llamas are low maintenance but can be returned to breeder and pasture reclaimed.
Offered at $1,500,000 – sold only in conjunction with the main house
- The access road through the golf course was widened, rebuilt and repaved by the City in the spring of 2012. It is maintained by the golf course and the snow is ploughed by the golf course during the winter. The access is a 20-foot wide easement, surveyed and registered at land titles office in Calgary.
- Golf Course is semi-private with memberships available for purchase.
- Mulligan’s Restaurant at the golf course is a short stroll away and offers a good selection of wine and fresh features and has a large patio overlooking a beautiful garden. Open year round.
- The properties are elevated 40 feet above the flood zone.
- 50 year asphalt shingles on all buildings (except the large garage with – cedar shingles).
- 2 separate/parallel sets of weeping tile surround the entire perimeter of the main house which then daylights to the river bank on a gravity system to prevent any flooding/water damage. There is also an electric sump pump (which has never been needed).
- The foam insulation in the exterior walls of the lowest level is a waterproof commercial grade.
- All outbuildings have security system and natural gas heat systems.
- Heated indoor parking for 9 – 10 cars (entire 3 acre estate).
- The second home is rented out with large garage for $3350/month to long-term tenants on month to month leases.